At Old Clee Primary Academy we aim to provide the highest quality pastoral support throughout the school. We work in partnership with other supporting agencies to enable children and families to achieve their best, educationally, socially and emotionally.
Here, at Old Clee, we understand the importance of enabling the ‘Voice of the Child’ to promote safeguarding and well-being. In a link below you can find some of our paperwork used to capture their voice.
Examples of pastoral support at Old Clee:
- Open door policy for all children & staff with the pastoral team
- A robust inclusion team; Safeguarding lead, Pastoral support officer, SENCo, Wellbeing & Mental health lead
- Personal Development sessions within class time
- Voice of the Child
- Check in/Thumbs up & down boards in each classroom for children to actively use
- Strong partnership with parents
- Weekly inclusion meetings to discuss children and provide the best support
- Rigorous behaviour monitoring with a Behaviour and Discipline approach April 2021
- Children seen on a weekly fixed-term basis